- What are cookies?
Cookies are small files that websites place on the device you’re using to browse the site. Cookies are commonly used to record some aspect of your visit to a site, such as choices you’ve made or preferences you’ve set during your visit.
- Keeping your personal information safe
- Links to sites provided by others
If you follow a link from our website to another website, please be aware that the owner of the other website will have their own privacy and cookie policies for their site. We recommend you read their policies as we are not responsible or liable for what happens at their site.
- How to manage and switch off cookies
Your web browser provides settings that allow you to manage or switch off cookies. If you do switch off cookies, remember that you may not be able to use all of the services on our websites. You can find out more about managing and switching off cookies at the independent website: allaboutcookies.org
- The types of cookies we use on this site:
- Strictly necessary cookies
These cookies are essential for our online services and tools to work. They collect or record information that we need to make our site work. Common uses for this type of cookie include:
- Storing information so that shopping baskets can be provided
- Storing information for e-billing
- Allowing users to log in or access private areas of a site. These cookies only last for a single browsing session – when you leave our site, they are removed
- Performance cookies
These cookies help us to monitor and improve how our website works. Common uses for this type of cookie include:
- Collecting information about which pages visitors go to most often
- Noting if visitors get any error messages from web pages
- Understanding which links visitors like to follow (including adverts) and which they choose not to
- The information collected using these cookies is anonymous and cannot be used to identify an individual visitor.
- Functionality cookies
These cookies allow us to provide you with enhanced features that need to remember your preferences and choices, such as your user name, language or region. They also let us monitor how our website is performing so we can keep on improving it.
Common uses for this type of cookie include:
- Providing you with local information, such as health providers in your area
- Remembering how you like to use our site, such as what text size you like or what media software you use
- Remembering what topics you’re interested in so we can provide you with related products, services and information
The information we store in these cookies is encrypted so that only we can read it.